Principal Hydrogeologist Job
Closed, candidates being interviewed
Rewarding Principal Hydrogeologist Role
Full time, Salary Position, Work From Home – Possible Ownership
$140,000 – $180,000 per year
Ground & Water Australia Pty Ltd (GWA) is a specialised hydrogeology consultancy founded on over 30 years of professional practice. We work with Government, Mining, Energy and Private clients, domestically and internationally, and we maintain strong geoscience skillsets in the services we provide.
We are proud advocates of, and an industry leading provider in the application of competency and professionalism standards in the work we do.
Market demand has accelerated our growth, and we now have an immediate opening for a Principal Hydrogeologist.
We require a Principal Hydrogeologist to support project delivery and business growth development across a range of domestic and international commitments. An ability to bring clients to GWA is an advantage but not a pre-requisite.
The role will comprise:
- Home office-based project work such as project management, technical reporting, overseeing the completion by others of numerous technical analyses including modelling, completing technical analyses yourself, deliverable development and quality, client management and communications, project metrics and progress reporting, field program design and planning, client and stakeholder meetings and interactions.
- Field work, likely to include planning and site progress visitations, program kick-offs, numerical modeller project immersion, and field rotations if desired by the successful candidate,
- Office visitations to GWA locations and to client sites for project and business development purposes, and locational support at selected trade events of relevance to GWA business.
- Training and development support to the broader GWA team, and support in the development and delivery of training modules for market release.
This is a leadership role which maintains strong technical engagement. The successful candidate will lead and deliver projects and manage or undertake a range of technical tasks and will also guide and support project level staff development.
An example of project type this role will be involved with includes mine dewatering and depressurisation, mine water supply, environmental compliance, resource development applications (impact assessments), tailings hydrogeology, mine water chemistry, town water supply, CSG water management and groundwater focused studies, including development application support.
GWA also completes a range of projects for Government clients in the large -scale water resource space, with studies having regional scale distribution and either / or technical or policy focus.
The variety of projects on offer is significant, as are the geographical locations they are located in.
If you are currently working in a large firm with slow career progression, this role could be perfect for you, and could also lead to an ownership role.
* The successful candidate can be based ANYWHERE in Australia, east coast preferred, some conditions apply. Work hours are flexible and largely at the discretion of the candidate, recognising that meeting the needs of projects and the business are important to role success. The role will include domestic and international travel obligations.
Send a one-page biography including a statement of why you believe you are well suited to this role, and a copy of your CV to email@example.com with “GWA_SH234” in the email topic.
Direct applicants only will be considered – candidates presented unsolicited by recruitment agencies will not be advanced.